No other ice-melt product works on snow and ice better than PELADOW™ Calcium Chloride Pellets. Customer satisfaction, comparative performance tests and scientific research prove that it’s the premier choice for ice melt. With its fast melting action and cold-temperature performance, PELADOW calcium chloride is easily distinguished from other ice melters.
Peladow Ice Melt Features:
- Dual action moisture absorption and heat generation for fast snow and ice melting
- More than 90 percent calcium chloride—the most effective ice and snow melting compound
- Melts ice and snow 2 to 5 times faster than other ice melt solutions
- Melts through snow and ice 2 to 4 times faster than other materials
- Performs well even in extreme cold
Peladow Ice Melt Contains:
- Calcium Chloride
- 50# bags, 56 bags per pallet
Halite crystals is the naturally occurring mineral form of sodium chloride, or NaCL. Like many of Central Salt’s other deicing salts, the isometric crystals are extracted from one of the Midwest’s richest beds of evaporates. Mechanized mining employs mobile equipment and conveyors to blast, load and move the crystals to the surface. Particles are then crushed and screened to specifications to provide halite crystal’s signature melting properties.
Sodium chloride melts ice at temperatures down to its eutectic point of -6° F (-21° C). And because the most important variable of a deicer’s effectiveness is not air temperature but pavement temperature, rock salt continues to be an effective deicer in many US locations through most of the winter season.
We also carry bulk salt. Our bulk salt bin is pictured to the right.